Raw Avocado Matcha Mini Tarts (Vegan + Gluten Free)
These Raw Avocado Matcha Mini Tarts are vegan, gluten free, and full of nutrients. They are packed with good fats from avocados and coconut cream. On top of that, these little beauties are made with matcha powder, which has many amazing benefits to our health. Green matcha contains a huge amount of antioxidants (one cup of matcha tea has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of brewed green tea!!). It is considered to be one of the most available, powerful super foods.
The delicate, lightly sweetened, and perfectly balanced in flavor avocado-matcha filling melts in your mouth. The matcha is naturally bitter in taste, but the combination of coconut cream, splash of maple syrup, and sweet fig crust makes a perfect light and refreshing dessert. The best thing about these tarts is that you can just keep them in the freezer, pull them out whenever you crave some, let it thaw a bit, and enjoy it!
- 1/2 cup dry figs
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (refrigerated)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1.5 tsp gelatin + 2 tbsp water
- matcha powder
- Blend all crust ingredients. Divide in three parts and press the crumbs into the bottom of mini pans. Put in the freezer.
- In a small pan, place gelatin and 2 tbsp cold water, let it sit for a few minutes until the gelatin swells. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring frequently until gelatine is completely dissolved (be careful to not boil it).
- In a blender, combine avocado, coconut cream, matcha powder, maple syrup, lime zest, juice and gelatin. Blend well.
- Pour the mixture into tart moulds. Freeze until firm enough (around 2hours).
- Once ready, decorate with strawberries, pineapple and sprinkle with matcha powder.
- Keep frozen.
Ingredients I used: