Pumpkin Butternut Squash Sage Chickpea Pasta (Vegan + GF)
Bursting with flavor, creamy pumpkin pasta in 20 minutes!
This spiced Pumpkin Butternut Squash Sage Chickpea Pasta (Vegan + GF) makes easy one-pot and perfect fall dish.
Addition of full-fat coconut milk makes the pasta super creamy and tasty. You need to try pumpkin and coconut combination, because it goes so well together! I garnished mine with crispy sage and nutritional yeast adding extra nutrients and that amazing cheesy taste. Banza became my favorite pasta since the first time I tried it! It is made with super food – chickpeas what makes it naturally gluten free. It also provides with a higher amount of protein, fiber and less carbs! So good for you! I hope you will try this recipe for creamy pumpkin & butternut squash sauce tossed with chickpea pasta, as it’s a perfect way to change up your pasta routine! For more ideas, check out my Vegan Pumpkin Pasta here.
- 1 box (8oz/227g) banza ziti chickpea pasta
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 1 can (1.5 cup) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (1.5 cup) butternut squash puree
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 - 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1.5 tsp chili flakes (add less if you don't like spicy)
- Cook the pasta according to instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add fresh sage and cook until it gets a little crispy. Remove from the skillet.
- Add garlic, pumpkin, butternut squash, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, dried sage, thyme, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and simmer the sauce for around 5 minutes.Taste and adjust salt/pepper.
- Add drained pasta and gently toss.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes or until the pasta is warmed through. Cover and take off heat.
- Top with sage and sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Personally I like to squeeze a little lemon juice on top as well! Enojy!
Ingredients I used:
Banza chickpea ziti pasta
Trader Joe’s organic butternut squash
Trader Joe’s organic coconut milk