Paleo Salted Caramel Cookies sweetened with Date Sugar (Gluten Free)
Cookies are life! If you are a salted caramel lover like me, I can assure you, that once you try these Paleo Salted Caramel Cookies, you will want to make them over and over again. They are perfectly soft, and a little crunchy on the outside. These Salted Caramel Cookies are made with paleo flour, almond flour. The perfect sweetness comes from my new favorite date sugar from Bob’s Red Mill. If you like using dates in your recipes, you need to try this alternative sweetener. It will add an amazing taste and sweeteenes to your baking goodies. Cookies are topped with an extremely easy, vegan caramel made just with coconut sugar, and coconut milk.
I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1/2 cup paleo flour
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/3 cup melted ghee butter
- large egg
- 1/3 cup date sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar/ lemon juice
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Salted Caramel:
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 2tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- In a mixer, combine ghee, egg and date sugar. Mix well.
- Add flours, soda, apple cider vinegar and salt. Combine together.
- Form into cookie balls and flatten them (I used tablespoon to scoop the dough and it made 19 pieces).
- Bake in 350F/175 C for around 9-10 minutes until sligtly brown on the edges.
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, sugar and salt. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Let it boil for around 5 minutes.
- Then lower to a simmer. Let it simmer until it thickens (around 30-35 minutes). Let it cool.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight