Christmas Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake (Gluten Free)
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthier holiday treat to share with your loved ones, I’ve got you covered! I created this Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake the other snowy day, and I’m super excited to bring you the recipe.
It was a lot of fun styling and capturing this little set up while watching the snow fall outside, and listening to christmas music playing in the background.
This cake is perfectly paired with freshly squeezed orange juice, orange peel, and cranberries. Fresh and organic cranberries soften, and burst as the cake bakes. The cake is made gluten free, and sweetened with coconut sugar. This balances the tartness of the cranberries. I love using coconut sugar, as it adds a depth of flavor to my baking goods, and it’s better for you, thanks to it’s lower glycemic index. You need to make this cranberry orange bundt cake yourself, and find out how delicious it is! Also, you will see that this recipe takes very little effort to make. The whole cake is topped with a 5-minute cranberry sauce that adds extra flavor and sweetness.
Prepare this perfect Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake for an upcoming holiday, and I bet no one will be able to guess it’s healthy ingredients. Make sure you save a piece for yourself so you can enjoy it with a cup of coffee on a cool winter afternoon. I hope you have an amazing time and find a moment to make and enjoy this delicious bundt cake.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free baking flour
- 1/4 cup softened ghee butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 cup low fat yogurt, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cup fresh cranberries + 1 T flour + 2 T coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover a bundt pan with a good amount of ghee butter.coat every bit of the pan . Sprinkle with flour.
- In a standing mixer, or a bowl beat softened ghee butter and coconut sugar until fluffy. Add eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, Add yogurt, orange juice, orange zest until well combined. Mix in flours and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine cranberries, tablespoon of flour and sugar.
- Gently fold cranberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth to even out.
- Bake for around 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a a butter knife, go around the edge of the pan and the center hole to loosen up.
- Place a plate over top of the cake pan and carefully flip the cake pan over so the cake slides out onto the plate. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare the cranberry sauce. In a small sauce pan, place cranberries, water and coconut sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have popped and the mixture has thickened up (about 5 to 10 minutes). Stir in the orange zest. Let it cool and top the bundt cake to your liking.