BBQ Chicken Stuffed Acorn Squash
Get ready! This BBQ Chicken Stuffed Acorn Squash is insanely delicious! They are very easy to make as well. Once you get the squash going, it really comes together quickly. I was so excited when I finally found the perfect organic bbq sauce in my local Kroger the other day. It is made with balsamic vinegar, and naturally sweetened. I can assure you that you won’t use any other BBQ sauce ever again! This one is absolutely amazing! Let me know if you decide to try this delicious, full of flavor recipe. It hits the spot for dinner, but it is the perfect leftover lunch too.
- 1.90 pounds of chicken breats
- 2 cups water
- seasonings you have on hand, like bay leaves, dried rosemary, fennel seeds to season the chicken
- 3 tbsp ghee butter
- 3/4 cup Matty's organic barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 medium red onion
- himalayan salt
- chili flakes
- lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut each acorn squash in half. Brush the insides with 2 tbsp melted ghee butter and season with himalayan salt. Place in pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until until squash can be pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven.
- While squash is baking, place chicken breasts in a pot and cover with water.
- Add bay leaves, dried rosemary, fennel seeds and salt. Let it boil. Turn heat to medium, and let simmer for around 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool and shred using two forks.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp ghee, add the red onion slices, himalayan salt and stir to coat the onions with butter. Let cook, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, combine shredded chicken, bbq sauce and chili powder.
- Stuff squash halves with chicken mixture and onions.
- Warm it up in the oven for around 10 minutes. Top with avocado, lime juice & chili flakes.
Ingredients I used :