Paleo Banana Waffles for two (gluten free + sugar free)
Aren’t waffles just the perfect way to start the day? Perfectly light, crispy-on-the-outside and moist-on-the-inside. Topped with fruits and maple syrup. Sounds so dreamy! However, there’s usually no time to prepare healthy and delicious breakfast on a weekday. That’s why I always aim for something quick and nutritious at the same time. I came up with these Paleo Banana Waffles to show you that you can easily have yummy, easy, and super healthy breakfast any morning of the week!
These paleo waffles are made with just a few simple ingredients, including my favorite mix of paleo flour. The preparation is extremely simple. Once you have all the ingredients ready, it takes literally 10 minutes to whip it up! Top your waffles with whatever you like! I chose my favorite maple, blueberries, pecans and bananas. If you decide to make these delicious waffles, don’t forget to tag @natteats and #natteats so I can see your creations!
Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 cup paleo. flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled + a little extra to grease waffle maker
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or any milk of choice
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- nuts (pecans, cashews, almonds etc.)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix together. Be careful to not overmix it!
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Preheat your waffle maker.
- When the waffle iron is hot, grease it with a little coconut oil and then using a 1/2 cup scoop the batter and drop it onto the center of the iron. Cook until the waffles are golden brown and cooked through.
- Top it with your favorites and serve while still hot and crispy!
This recipe makes two waffles + a little extra using this waffle maker.