Oatmeal Spinach Pancakes & Raspberry Jam (Gluten Free)
It might come to no surprise that I am indeed a sweet breakfast person. I like to make sure that I provide my body all the nutrients it needs to get a morning boost of energy. As I mentioned previously, I like my morning oatmeal in many different ways. These Spinach Oatmeal Pancakes are a fantastic way to sneak in more vegetables and vitamins into your breakfast! They are made with grounded oatmeal, greek yogurt, spinach and peanut butter. Beside the fact, that spinach adds an amazing green color, it is also loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals that are super important for skin, hair, and bone health. I topped my spinach pancakes with antioxidant rich raspberry jam, that took me literally 5 minutes to make! (The jam gets even thicker than it appears in photos)
- 1 cup well blended oatmeal
- 1/3 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup spinich, packed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Raspberry jam:
- 340 g frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1.5 tsp gelatin
- For the jam, place frozen raspberries and coconut sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring mixture slowly to the boil, stirring occasionally. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes. On a low heat, add gelatin and stir until fully incorporated. Pour into a mason jar and let it cool. Keep refrigerated.
- In a blender, combine yogurt, egg, spinich, peanut butter and 1/4 cup of water. Blend well.
- Move to a bowl. Add blended oatmeal, soda, apple cider vinegar, salt and 2 tbsp of water. Combine all ingredients (don't overmix).
- Let it rest for 5-10 mintues.
- Heat a skillet and coat with coconut oil.
- Once hot, drop about 1/4 cup of batter on the pan. Cook until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides.