Oatmeal Banana Pancakes (Gluten Free)
When you think pancakes, you think weekend breakfast. Well, not necessarily! These delicious Oatmeal Banana Pancakes are an effect of my midweek afternoon pancake cravings. Yup. Is there anything better than a tall stack of pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup and fruit? Especially, if they are healthy, filling and easy to fix! These Oatmeal Banana Pancakes have an amazing fluffy texture. They are packed with oatmeal, which makes them naturally gluten free. As you probably noticed, I use oatmeal in my recipes a lot. I am always stocked on them in my pantry! You can read about my favorite reasons of eating them everyday here.
If you happen to have overripe bananas on the kitchen counter, don’t hesitate to make this delicious stack of pancakes!
- 1 cup blended oatmeal
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl or blender, whisk bananas, egg, peanut butter and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add oatmeal flour, cinnamon, baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Mix well adding 2 tbsp of water if needed.
- Heat up lightly greased pan.
- Once hot, drop about 1/4 cup of batter on the pan. Cook until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides.