Gingerbread Cookies (grain & gluten free)
Gluten free, sweetened just with molasses and filled with flavorful, warm spices… this is what these gingerbread cookies are all about. It’s already Christmas Eve, but that’s not too late to roll out the gingerbread cookies! Christmas is not the same without them! Despite the fact these gingerbread men are grain free, they don’t fall apart and the texture is just perfect! They are soft, and chewy, filled with the delicious flavors of ginger and molasses. Really easy and fun to make! Make sure you don’t skip on the molasses as it adds an amazing rich flavor.
You can get fancy and decorate your cookies. Personally I like them plain!
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour/starch
- large egg
- 1/3 cup melted ghee butter
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted ghee butter, molasses and egg. Mix well.
- Add flours, all the spices, salt, soda and apple cider vinegar. Mix until the dough forms. Add more flour if too sticky.
- Divide in half and refrigerate about 1 hour up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough. Use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes and place each cookie on a baking sheet. Bake for around 8 minutes for softer cookies.
- Store in a storage container.