Chai Spiced Protein Apple Pancakes (Vegan)
I was looking for a good protein powder that would add a boost of protein to my meal and got so happy finding this vegan Bob’s Red Mill Chai. It’s made with pea protein powder, beneficial probiotics, chia seeds, and sweetened only with monk fruit extract. It was my first time trying Chai and I definitely love it! I used it to make these Chai Spiced Vegan Protein Apple Pancakes. They are perfectly sweet and slightly spiced. I served them up with caramelized apples. Perfect for a cozy morning breakfast!
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Chai Protein Powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- cubed large apple
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar ( I used Bob's Red Mill organic coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- In a bowl, mix flours, soda, cider apple vinegar, cinnamon and Bob's Red Mill Chai Protein Powder.
- Add apple sauce and 1/2 cup of water. Stir together and add more water if needed.
- Heat a pan and coat it with coconut oil.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop and drop the batter into the pan so that you get evenly-sized pancakes.
- Cook until the top surface forms bubbles. Flip and repeat.
- For the topping, throw apple, sugar and coconut milk on a pan and cook until soft. Around 10-15 minutes.