Almond Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal Cookies (gluten + grain free)
Cookies for breakfast? Yes, please! These Almond Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal Cookies are a mix between a blueberry muffin and a soft and chewy cookie. Super quick to make, wholesome and delicious. Perfect for healthy breakfast, snack, or a little dessert! Combination of oatmeal and almond flour, makes them grain and gluten free. Cookies are perfectly soft and delicate in taste thanks to ghee and almond butter. The whole batch is sweetened with just a bit of maple syrup. You can always add some more sweetener if you prefer it sweeter! The blueberries burst in your mouth with every bite, giving the cookies an extra level of sweetness and flavor.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- 1/4 cup melted ghee butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.2 tsp soda
- 0.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup blueberries;, fresh or frozen (slightly thaw frozen berries in the microwave)
- In a mixer, combine ghee butter, egg, almond butter and maple syrup.
- Mix in with flours, soda, apple cider vinegar.
- Fold in the almonds and blueberries to incorporate.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare a cookie sheet, shape cookies, then press down with your fingers to spread out. Top with the rest almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until just set.